Monday, August 20, 2012

Learning to be observant...one step at a time.






According to my father I am not very observant and he has insisted I become better at that, since I will be living in a foreign country and all.
So....I did it! I became observant yesterday. 
I made a very intelligent observation yesterday on my drive home from starkville, but before i get into that I will give you all a little background information. 
I headed to Starkville on Friday for my final goodbyes. (P.S. goodbyes don’t get any easier or any less awkward the more you tell someone bye) I learned this after I said bye to everyone about a million and one times. 
On friday I was able to go to the clinic. I know, doesnt really sound like thats where anyone wants to go before they leave the country. But that place is filled with memories ill never forget with people I have come to love over the years. And this began the start of many goodbyes to come this weekend. After that, I had dinner with Nicole and it was such a great time of encouragement; filled with wisdom and just good fellowship.
Saturday included breakfast, manicures, lunch and RAIN.....oh and bid day. 
Yes that sentence contains a lot of food and did I mention a lot of RAIN!!!
But we also spent time in the chapel on campus. The chapel is a place a cherish the most by far (except for maybe the purple house) but other than that its an important place to me and I loved getting to spend some time in prayer with my sisters in Christ one last time before I went home. 
OKAY, im getting to the point, the part about being observant, i promise. 
As I drove home I got to think back on all the people I got to say bye to and the ones I didnt. And in that moment I stopped in awe before the Lord. 
In that moment I OBSERVED that my heavenly Father crafted and created some pretty amazing people. He really out did himself with my friends, brothers and sisters in Christ and my family. In that moment Psalm 139:14 took on an even greater meaning. 
So thank you friends for being the believers you are called to be. Thanks for the encouragement, the wisdom, and most importantly the prayer. I am taking a part of you all with me to Ecuador, dont worry. (I even have letters to prove that) You are all so special to me and such a huge part of this journey. I can honestly say if it wasnt for some of you I would not be sitting in the ATL airport waiting for my flight to Ecuador to go spread the love of Christ and share the gospel with His people there. This fact is true!! If it wasnt for super supportive parents I wouldnt be here either because without their support and encouragement through the years I would have not been at STATE and therefore would not have met any of you beautiful people. So thank the Lord for my awesome Godly parents. I have been blessed being brought up under their roof. 
So again thank you everyone for helping me to this point. I hope and pray it doesnt stop. I may even need prayers more than ever now ( Lets remember I dont speak spanish) but i cant wait to learn and learn everything else the Lord has to teach me. I cant wait to be praying for you all back home as i sit on my rooftop in the mornings looking out at the mountains and volcanos in Quito. I will be thinking of you all in those moments: the moments when i wish you all were there with me to share in my joy, my experiences, and even my hurt, I will be thinking of yall in those moments wondering what you all are doing, how football games are going, and if the purple house is still standing ( haha) ill be thinking of you all and the struggles you will be facing back in the states. In those moments I won’t just be thinking thats when i will be praying for yall specifically and by name! So please keep me updated and I will do the same with yall! I love yall so much!! :) Be Bold!! 

Saved by grace, 
Kb

1 comment:

  1. I love this post, Kaybee. We are all equally as blessed to have you in our life and I was very encouraged by your fellowship that weekend. I wish I was on the rooftop with you. I can't wait to see what the Lord does with you.

    ReplyDelete