Thursday, August 9, 2012

How one feels a week before they move to a foreign country..


Its crazy to think this is where I will be in a little over a week! I have so many emotions running through me at the moment I can't really keep them all straight to be honest. I am anxious..anxious to meet the people I will be working with, anxious to see my apartment, meet my roommates, and anxious to see what the Lord has in store for me. (I should probably remember Phil. 4:6-7)  I am also filled with excitement for these very same reasons though and to tell the truth I am very overwhelmed at the moment, all due to packing. Who would have ever thought packing to live in a foreign country for a year would be so difficult.??!! So yes, lots of emotions come with moving to a foreign country for a year but I think excitement trumps them all.
So, Lord willing I will be blessed by beautiful scenes like these on a daily basis starting August 19th.
I just wanted to give you all an update and please continue to pray for me through this next week..its crunch time but most importantly pray for the people of Quito and the ones that I will encounter while I am living in Ecuador. Pray their hearts be changed by the Holy Spirit. Pray that I "proclaim the excellencies of the one who called me out of darkness into His marvelous light" ( 1 Peter 2:9) to the people there.
I cant wait for you all to get to share this experience with me via my blog, twitter, facebook, and any other social network that comes about during the next 12 months.

Saved by grace,
Kb

No comments:

Post a Comment