Sunday, August 26, 2012

For God, There is no language barrier.


This is the rose I received this morning at church--How sweet? right? I thought so. 
But..what i constantly thought about while in my spanish speaking church this morning was how AWESOME our God is. 
This morning I had the opportunity to worship in spanish and listen to preaching in spanish. Did i understand it? Well, no. haha but i was reminded this morning, as I am daily here in Ecuador, is that the Lord who created us, the awesome God we serve, understands it all. 
It amazes me as I rack my brain while listening to a conversation or a sermon to try to understand at least one word that the Lord knows it all, hears it all and understands it all and most importantly cares about it all. (1 Peter 5:7)
It amazes me and I pray it will continue to amaze me. (At the rate that I am learning spanish, I have a feeling it will)  
However I did catch that we were reading from Matthew, chapter 10, verse 16. As we continued to read the Lord taught me a lot through verse 20 and I think it was no coincidence: 
            "For it is not you who will be speaking-it will be the Spirit of your Father speaking   through you"
So no matter the language, when it comes to the gospel and sharing the love of Christ with people It is never me doing the speaking (What a relief!! I barely know how to use my words in English, I cant imagine how my spanish would go) Its the Lord speaking through us. Thank God for the Holy Spirit. And thank you God for a wonderful message this morning. (No matter the language)
Saved by grace,
Kb




No comments:

Post a Comment