Saturday, February 15, 2014

Choosing Joy: and throwing it back to an awesome trip.


 Soooo....I am a pretty random/spontaneous person. 
I like adventure and I find myself living from adventure to adventure alot of times. Good and bad characteristic I suppose. 
With all that being said I went on a little adventure last week. 
An adventure to Disney World!!!! I know I know, some of you are thinking!!
How?!!

Well, I got on a plane in Quito on Wednesday morning, layover in Miami, and landed in Orlando at about 3:30 that afternoon. My mom and grandmother picked me up at the airport and we were back to our Disney Resort at about 5:00. 
And Folks, that's how its done!
All sarcasm aside I was able to go spend time with my grandmother and mother and I am truly blessed to have gotten to do so. 
After a rough Christmas break for my grandmother she needed a good vacation---a what better place than THE HAPPIEST place on earth! :) 
My mom surprised her with a trip to Disney and my grandmother paid it forward to me as an early birthday present! :)
So YES, getting a break from school was nice, getting to spend a few days at DISNEY WORLD, so awesome, but getting to do it with two other generations of women in my life--- was THE best part. 

The trip in and of itself was AWESOME- I am a kid so I LOVE Disney World!!
But getting to make some great memories with both my grandmother and mother happen to be the best part.
Like I said before, I was truly blessed to 1. get the time off and 2. get to spend time with both my mom and grandmother and 3. get to make memories at Disney World with them.
I was blessed by good food (of course) good company (new and old) and great memories.
I don't write this blog to brag about my random trip to Disney World. 
I write it to 1. keep you all updated 2. make sure that I document this awesome trip and 3. remind myself and you all of the blessings we have in our lives.

No, we all didn't get to go to Disney World last week and I can tell you there are probably things you all are getting to do right now or have done that I may never get to do but I hope and pray you are counting those as blessings--the big things and the small things. 

I don't write this blog to preach either. Like I said this is a reminder to myself as well to count my blessings so as I look back over the month of January I have thought of many blessings that I want to share with you all. (including pictures)
1. A Happy New Year (Here's to 2014) 
2. Safe Travels (to and from Ecuador) 
3. Relationships/Friendships (near, far, new, old) 
4. My legs- In Ecuador we walk...alot and in the states I actually missed that so I am thankful to be able to do that. 
5. Taking Adventures
6. Praise the Lord I have a speaker for our Spiritual Emphasis Week in February. (please keep my kiddos in your prayers and my speaker) 
7. Good food!- Im a foodie, I won't lie- I enjoy sitting down to a good meal- I know I have said before in previous post that my favorite way to spend time with people is around a table---well---still is and good food is a plus. 
8. BEST FRIENDS- you have your coworkers, acquaintances and friends but you also have your best friends- and I have been blessed with some awesome BEST friends- some I have known for more than 10 years and some just a couple of years. 
9. Cheap Dental Care. Just being honest. 
10. my supporters- both financial and spiritual 
11. my German roomie- Julia, who lives next week- that part- not so thankful for.
And these are a few of my favorite things:
Magic Band Ready 


3 Generations 


my favorite. 


As close as I am going to get to my birthplace for a while. 

Classic 

*Check out Facebook for all of the pictures. 

Until next time, 
Choose Joy
Kb.



No comments:

Post a Comment