Saturday, August 3, 2013

Choosing Joy: and HANGING out at La Playa.


If you wanna know one thing about me its my LOVE for the beach. 
Being at the beach is the vacation I NEVER want to leave. 
If I could move to one place tomorrow: it would be the beach. 
The Beach is my HAPPY place. :) 

There are so many reasons why I just LOVE the beach! I love the sound of waves, the feeling of sunshine triggering my Vitamin D, long morning runs in the sand, quiet times with the Lord and a good cup of coffee on a balcony as the sun peaks through the clouds to make its appearance for the day, kids laughter on the beach, waves, reading books while laying out, being tan, seafood, the unending coastline and unending ocean view, wavy beach hair, beach volleyball, not wearing a watch because time doesn't exist....Have I sold you on it yet? 

So now you'll understand that this girl was soo happy last week when I was able to spend the week at the beach here in Ecuador. It was the week after camp and the beach was just where I "needed" to be. 

Mandi and I left on our adventure early Monday morning to start our what we didn't know to be a 7 hour bus ride. 

But seeing that this was our "home away from home" for the week: it made the ride worth it. 




Yes, this is a 3 bedroom, 3 bathroom, full kitchen, living room and terrace overlooking a private pool and yes this is where we stayed!! wow. right? 
Don't worry, we are missionaries and no, we can't afford this place so thank the Lord and for a family connection for this FREE place to stay at one of the nicest beaches here in Ecuador-- Casablanca. 
I can speak for both of us when I say we truly felt soooo blessed to be given a free escape to the beach to relax this summer; after camp and before school starts up again. 
(Orientation for teachers starts August 20th--School starts Sept. 2nd) 

Here are some pictures to help back up all that I have said so far: 










Hope you enjoyed a little sneak peak of Casablanca and my time there! 
Its hard for words to describe how thankful I am for the trip. 
I am thankful that the Lord blessed me with the opportunity to go on a vacation; a relaxing vacation. 
I am thankful that I got to see that portion of the Lord's beautiful creation. 
And I am always thankful for my time at the beach; my HAPPY place. :) 


Choose Joy! 
Until next time, 
Saved by grace, 
Kb. 


No comments:

Post a Comment