Sunday, September 30, 2012

"its gonna be a good year"

In a previous blog I talked about my CSO, Guardians, this year. 
So I will elaborate a little more:
CSO- meaning- Christian Service Outreach. 
And it is a Wednesday afternoon program for high schoolers to get involved in different types of service activities around Quito without having sports practice or another extracurricular activity to occupy their time. On wednesday afternoon these things are NOT allowed so the kids can have the opportunity to get involved in a CSO...whether it be Pan de Vida- The soup kitchen or Extreme Response- the ministry at the dump or in my case--
Guardians: If I had to sum it up in one word, it would be..Discipleship. As leaders we make disciples and they in return disciple the middle schoolers. Its such a cool opportunity for them as high schoolers as well as me as their leader. I am really excited to see what the Lord has in store for this group this year. 
It all started this weekend with or CSO retreat.
We went to Parque Metropolitano and did a fun Photo Scavenger Hunt...Girls Vs. Guys and of course the girls WON! 
After that we did Lunch (ordered pizza) haha at mine and Kats house and got some good planning time in for the year. Which consisted of alot of goofing off, eating junk food, and well just hanging out...and I was reminded of a few things: 
1. High School and how thankful I am of the experience I had with the people I shared it with. So great and I will take my friends from high school with and the memories we made with me wherever I go. 
             -This includes Cheer Camp, Youth Choir or better yet First Baptist Church. Period. haha, Pep Rallys, Pool Parties, American Idol (haha- thanks to a select few), Backroads, Karaoke at Windy City, Girls Bible Study, and so many more.

2. It made me thank of my college friends and a saying I was reminded of my one of my students on saturday: "it's all about the fellowship" right yall? 

** It is indeed about the fellowship; the fellowship with believers and nonbelievers...after all Jesus fellowshipped with everyone so who are we not to? We cant pick favorites when it comes to discipleship or fellowship. I have recently been learning that through a James Study..as believers we can't have faith and favoritism..they can't coexist. 
**So fellowship with all types of people, at work, out and about, strangers you have the opportunity to meet, and MAKE DISCIPLES. 


okay now some fun pics from the weekend: "its gonna be a good year" 

Scavenger Hunt Picture. 

Hi. 


haha 


More Scavenger Hunt pictures. 




The Gang. 


:)

The Gang + Leaders. 

No comments:

Post a Comment